Grit. Sweat. New York Time Bestseller. Joe De Sena continues to inspire through the creation of the Spartan Race. If you want something done, give it to a busy man and that’s who Joe is. Whether it’s waking up with a light workout of 300 burpees or fueling a lifestyle through authenticity, Joe has a vision that’ll give your mind a workout.
Consumerism is sweeping the world. Work cubicles are running rampant. But the creator of the Spartan Race, Joe De Sena, is rocking the boat. Listen in to hear how Joe’s ‘Thomas Edison’ approach led to a lifestyle change that is affecting people all around the world. Who doesn’t want to be a Spartan, right?
- Success is subjective, you decide if you are or not
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd race weren’t profitable, but Joe kept going
- Jon is trying to build a lifestyle shift through the Spartan Race
- Spartan don’t franchise, they create partnerships
- Obstacles are the same across the board but terrain does
- Authenticity and a “why” will set you apart
- The why will carry your vision long-term
- The Spartan Race will be taking place in Iceland. In December.
- The next step is getting the race to the Nordics, South America and making it an Olympic Sport
What I Learned
- Authenticity. Become who you are. Don’t apologize.