Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
Stedman’s Website: http://stedmangraham.com/
Buy one of Stedman’s books: http://stedmangraham.com/shop/