Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
AB 182: Inside The C-Suite Network Thought Summit
C-Suite Network™ is the world’s most trusted network of C-Suite Leaders, with a focus on providing growth, development and networking…
AB 181: Marketing to Win
Jeffrey Hayzlett’s keynote at CMO Inflect. Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless The book, and the program,…
AB 180: How Can You Use Data To Tell Your Legacy Narrative?
With President of Experian’s Marketing Services Group, Kevin Dean. Kevin Dean is Experian’s President of Marketing Services for North America,…
AB 179: How To Become An Agent Of Understanding
with adventurer, TV host, speaker, and author, Ryan Pyle. Born in Toronto, Canada, Ryan Pyle spent his early years close…
AB 178: Changing The Narrative – Becoming Your Own Hero
Irene Kiwia is an accomplished business entrepreneur whose career spans over 18 years in Business Management, Media, Public Relations Communications…
AB 177: Is Your Personal Brand Defined – Or Are You Letting Others Define You?
Bobby Umar is one of the most prolific, heart-based leaders in North America. Inc Magazine named him one of the…
AB 176: You Panic – You Die. Business Lessons From Mount Everest
Brian Dickinson spent 6 years in the United States Navy as a Special Operations Air Rescue Swimmer. He did 2…
AB 175: Good Leaders Vs. Great Leaders – Which One Are You?
Jason Forrest, CEO and Chief Culture Officer at FPG (Forrest Performance Group), is a leading authority in culture change programs…
AB 174: It’s Not Child’s Play – Should You Start A Business With Your Best Friend?
The Collective Child (www.TheCollectiveChild.com), a monthly subscription service delivering hi-lo contemporary price points childrenswear to busy moms is poised to…
AB 173: Conversations With A Bold Woman
Kay Koplovitz is the founder and former Chairman & CEO of USA Networks, which includes USA Network, the Sci-Fi Channel,…
AB 172: What It Takes To Succeed In The Media Business – All Business Goes To Africa
Oluwatosin Bucknor popularly known as Tosyn Bucknor, is a Nigeria media personality, actress and social media content creator. Radio for Bucknor started…
AB 171: All Business With The NFL Experience – 77WABC Takeover
Michael Williams is a global leader in the sports, media and entertainment industries, widely acknowledged for developing and executing disruptive…
AB 170: How To Get Your Head Ready For A Big Smackdown
Dylan Bostic is an American professional wrestler. He is currently signed to Ohio Valley Wrestling where he became a one-time…
AB 169: The Amazing Technology That Is Changing Education
Mark Woodland’s story starts with his mother. She was a school teacher for her entire career. In 2010 Mark’s mother…
AB 168: Are You Being Too Romantic About Your Small Business?
Gene Marks is a columnist, author, and small business owner. Gene writes daily for The Washington Post and weekly for…
AB 167: Competitive Investing: Would You Own A Piece Of Your Favorite Team?
Zack Ward published a letter to America in the New York Times sharing his thoughts about how legalized sports gambling…
AB 166: How Big Brands Are Blowing Their Reputation – And How To Avoid Blowing Yours
Dan Hill is CEO of Hill Impact, an integrated strategic communications and government relations firm located in Washington, D.C. For more…
AB 165: From One Battlefield To Another – How To Find A New Passion
Joe Biggs is an Infowars reporter, who carried out several tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan as a US…
AB 164: Reaching Across The Aisle – What I Learned From The Far Right
Jack Posobiec is a conservative One America News Correspondent. In 2016, Jack was the Special Projects Director for Citizens for Trump, the largest Trump…
AB 163: Getting Naked, Having Big Love, And How To Get A House For Free
Marco Robinson is the star of the HIT CHANNEL 4 TV Show “Get a house for free.” He is a #1…