Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
AB 157: Are You Investing In Your Most Valuable Asset?
Ari Cukier may hold the title of COO, but he truly is the Innovator in Chief at Elitra Health. With…
AB 156: What Does Self-Defense Have To Do With Business?
Paul Szyarto, entrepreneur and “Combat CEO” as a guest! Please see a bit more about his background below! He has a…
AB 155: LEVEL Up Your Dating Game
April Beyer, matchmaker and relationship expert, has just launched LEVEL™, a hybrid of intuitive AI matching technology combined with human…
AB 154: Is Real Estate Still Good Investment
David Kessler serves as Managing Partner of CohnReznick’s Real Estate Industry practice. He has over 30 years of experience providing…
AB 153: Is It OK To Call Women In The Office Girls?
In July of 2015, Eileen Scully launched The Rising Tides to advise organizations on making the workplace better for women….
AB 152: Rise And Grind: Daymond John At The C-Suite Network Thought Summit
Listen in to this interview with best-selling author, CEO and Founder of FUBU, The Shark Daymond John that took place…
AB 151: Are You Ready To Drink The Crypto Kool-Aid
Tim Wales is an inspiring leader who leverages his passion and experience to propel others to success. Fueled by his entrepreneurial…
AB 150: The All American Take On Staying Positive
Devon Still is a professional athlete, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and advocate for childhood cancer awareness. He is also a former…
AB 149: Is The 2018 Economy Doom Or Boom?
Jim O’Sullivan is valued by traders and investors for successfully combining broad macro analysis with expertise in the data and…
AB 148: Crypto And Blockchain And Bitcoin! Oh My! Talking With CoinLion
CoinLion (Token Name/Symbol: LION), a new cryptocurrency exchange and portfolio management platform designed to address the fragmented marketplace and the…
AB 147: How Being A Better Human Releases Your Inner Superstar
Michelle Villalobos (vee – ya – LOW – bos) earned an undergraduate degree in Psychology (modified with Math) from Dartmouth…
AB 146: Change, Adapt, Or Die – Why Millennials Are Better Than Baby Boomers
Matt Britton is America’s leading expert on the millennial generation having consulted for over half of the Fortune 500 companies…
AB 145: How To Bring The Human Back To Human Relations
Ellyn Shook is Accenture’s chief leadership & human resources officer, responsible for helping the 425,000 people of Accenture succeed both…
AB 144: Old Dogs – New Tricks… Lessons From The Former CEO of Apple
John Sculley is one of America’s best-known business leaders, with one foot in the storied history of Apple technology and…
AB 143: Transform Or Die – What Makes Successful Sellers?
Tiffani Bova is the global customer growth and innovation evangelist at Salesforce. Recognized as one of the most Powerful and…
AB 142: Education Reprogrammed | Steve Wozniak Inspires The Next Generation Of Innovators With Woz U (LIVE!)
Inspired by Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, we specialize in technology and career-based programs designed to get people into…
AB 141: What’s Your Economic Moat?
Christopher Tsai, President and Chief Investment Officer of Tsai Capital Corporation, is available to discuss his investment philosophy and why…
AB 140: You Can’t Let One Label Define You
Rolonda Watts: For more than three decades her name, face, and now, even her distinctive voice, have been known by…
AB 139: Listen Up! The Future Of On-Demand Audio Is Here
Audioburst is an AI-Powered Listening Experience – it creates a ‘listening identity’ based on your users’ unique listening patterns, interests, and preferences. Assaf…
AB 138: It All Comes Down To Telling A Good Story | How The TV Industry Has Changed
Wild America has been a television show in America for over 37years! At one point episodes garnered nearly 400million viewers…