Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
AB 175: Good Leaders Vs. Great Leaders – Which One Are You?
Jason Forrest, CEO and Chief Culture Officer at FPG (Forrest Performance Group), is a leading authority in culture change programs…
AB 174: It’s Not Child’s Play – Should You Start A Business With Your Best Friend?
The Collective Child (www.TheCollectiveChild.com), a monthly subscription service delivering hi-lo contemporary price points childrenswear to busy moms is poised to…
AB 173: Conversations With A Bold Woman
Kay Koplovitz is the founder and former Chairman & CEO of USA Networks, which includes USA Network, the Sci-Fi Channel,…
AB 172: What It Takes To Succeed In The Media Business – All Business Goes To Africa
Oluwatosin Bucknor popularly known as Tosyn Bucknor, is a Nigeria media personality, actress and social media content creator. Radio for Bucknor started…
AB 171: All Business With The NFL Experience – 77WABC Takeover
Michael Williams is a global leader in the sports, media and entertainment industries, widely acknowledged for developing and executing disruptive…
AB 170: How To Get Your Head Ready For A Big Smackdown
Dylan Bostic is an American professional wrestler. He is currently signed to Ohio Valley Wrestling where he became a one-time…
AB 169: The Amazing Technology That Is Changing Education
Mark Woodland’s story starts with his mother. She was a school teacher for her entire career. In 2010 Mark’s mother…
AB 168: Are You Being Too Romantic About Your Small Business?
Gene Marks is a columnist, author, and small business owner. Gene writes daily for The Washington Post and weekly for…
AB 167: Competitive Investing: Would You Own A Piece Of Your Favorite Team?
Zack Ward published a letter to America in the New York Times sharing his thoughts about how legalized sports gambling…
AB 166: How Big Brands Are Blowing Their Reputation – And How To Avoid Blowing Yours
Dan Hill is CEO of Hill Impact, an integrated strategic communications and government relations firm located in Washington, D.C. For more…
AB 165: From One Battlefield To Another – How To Find A New Passion
Joe Biggs is an Infowars reporter, who carried out several tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan as a US…
AB 164: Reaching Across The Aisle – What I Learned From The Far Right
Jack Posobiec is an American alt-right internet activist, conspiracy theorist, and self-described journalist, known primarily for his controversial and pro-Donald…
AB 163: Getting Naked, Having Big Love, And How To Get A House For Free
Marco Robinson is the star of the HIT CHANNEL 4 TV Show “Get a house for free.” He is a #1…
AB 162: Why Millennials Shouldn’t Be Snowflake Investors
Jacob Wohl is a financial and political commentator, and at 19, is one of the youngest in the world. He…
AB 161: Everything You Need To Know About Texts And Reviews To Drive Your Business
Randy Garn is a passionate entrepreneur, New York Times Best Selling Author. He has worked closely with some of the…
AB 160: From Down Under To Downtown – How Do You Turn A Business Digital?
InStitchu officially launched in 2012, and is the brainchild of long-time mates, James Wakefield and Robin McGowan. The pair first…
AB 159: Meetings Don’t Have To Suck Anymore
Omar Tawakol is Chief Executive Officer of Voicera. Prior to Voicera, Omar Tawakol was the founder and CEO of BlueKai…
AB 158: Which Is Easier? Creating Content Or Building An Audience?
Ian Bell is the co-founder of technology news and reviews site Digital Trends and men’s lifestyle site The Manual, both owned by the…
AB 157: Are You Investing In Your Most Valuable Asset?
Ari Cukier may hold the title of COO, but he truly is the Innovator in Chief at Elitra Health. With…
AB 156: What Does Self-Defense Have To Do With Business?
Paul Szyarto, entrepreneur and “Combat CEO” as a guest! Please see a bit more about his background below! He has a…