Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
AB 145: How To Bring The Human Back To Human Relations
Ellyn Shook is Accenture’s chief leadership & human resources officer, responsible for helping the 425,000 people of Accenture succeed both…
AB 144: Old Dogs – New Tricks… Lessons From The Former CEO of Apple
John Sculley is one of America’s best-known business leaders, with one foot in the storied history of Apple technology and…
AB 143: Transform Or Die – What Makes Successful Sellers?
Tiffani Bova is the global customer growth and innovation evangelist at Salesforce. Recognized as one of the most Powerful and…
AB 142: Education Reprogrammed | Steve Wozniak Inspires The Next Generation Of Innovators With Woz U (LIVE!)
Inspired by Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, we specialize in technology and career-based programs designed to get people into…
AB 141: What’s Your Economic Moat?
Christopher Tsai, President and Chief Investment Officer of Tsai Capital Corporation, is available to discuss his investment philosophy and why…
AB 140: You Can’t Let One Label Define You
Rolonda Watts: For more than three decades her name, face, and now, even her distinctive voice, have been known by…
AB 139: Listen Up! The Future Of On-Demand Audio Is Here
Audioburst is an AI-Powered Listening Experience – it creates a ‘listening identity’ based on your users’ unique listening patterns, interests, and preferences. Assaf…
AB 138: It All Comes Down To Telling A Good Story | How The TV Industry Has Changed
Wild America has been a television show in America for over 37years! At one point episodes garnered nearly 400million viewers…
AB 137: Businesses That Give Back And Painting It Forward
10-years-ago, ALLBRiGHT 1-800-PAINTING was invited to participate on ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover – and transformed a home for a family…
AB 136: How Do You Scale An Online Business?
Amy is an online marketing expert and educator and the host of the top-ranked podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy. Amy…
AB 135: Transforming Tragedy Into HOPE And Showing The World That LOVE Is Stronger Than Hate | #NYSTY
Jeff Parness, a nice Jewish Boy from Brooklyn, builds Methodist Churches in the cornfields of Indiana with Amish people –…
AB 134: How To Embrace Change And Find The Right Target Audience
Alan Gellman, Managing Director and Chief Marketing Officer, esurance sat down with host Jeffrey Hayzlett to talk finding a company’s…
AB 133: Finding Inspiration And Overcoming Fear – From A Real War To An Economic War
Aleksandra Scepanovic, Managing Director of Ideal Properties Group, one of the largest, privately owned, independent real estate firms specializing in…
AB 132: Attention CEOs – The Right Attitude Is Paranoid Optimism!
Joel Trammell’s leadership as a CEO has resulted in successful nine-figure acquisitions by two Fortune 500 companies. As CEO of…
AB 131: Tension Without Contention – Did Google Blow It?
Today, the HR profession is evolving from an internal focus on people to an external focus on the organization, and…
AB 130: Only The Most Intimate Brands Have Value – How Emotional Is Your Business?
In MBLM’s Brand Intimacy 2017 Report, which is the largest study of brands based on emotions, MBLM found that the most…
AB 129: The Building Blocks For A More Sustainable Future
Paul Galvin, Chairman and CEO of SG Blocks, a premier designer, innovator and fabricator of container-based structures. The firm –…
AB 128: Embracing Failure And Constant Innovation With The Founding Father Of Sam Adams – Jim Koch
We’re re-releasing an episode from our archives and giving an All Business update. This was one of my favorite episodes…
AB 127: Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Thought Leader? – Randy Gage Does.
Randy Gage is a thought-provoking critical thinker who will make you approach your business — and your life — in…
AB 126: Are You A Business Coward? Find Out From Dan “The 50 Billion Dollar Man” Peña
From his beginnings as an East LA barrio bad boy to Laird of (15th Century) Guthrie Castle, Dan Peña is…