Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham
Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates
The company is a Chicago based management and marketing consulting firm that specializes in corporate and educational markets
My guest on All Business today is an educator, speaker, businessman, and author – Stedman Graham.
Stedman has authored 11 books – including two New York Times best sellers.
His lifelong commitment to education has led him to teach everyone from world leaders to small business owners how to develop personal identity – and why it is so important in business today. He joins me today to talk about success – and can everyone attain it? Please welcome Stedman Graham.
- Stedman’s leadership is based on the approach that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself
- You’ve got to have a skill set and a support system to emphasize who you are
- Develop a self-directed learning process
- Freedom doesn’t come from an external source but from within
- Success is based upon your commitment to discovery
- Your transformation is based on going from a follower to a leader which hinges on your attitude
- If you want a change you’re going to have to do something that’s gonna free you from the average world
The 9 Steps
- Take time to explore the 9 Steps to Success
- Check Your ID: Not knowing leaves you open to being in a prison of labels and expectations the world imposes on you.
- Create Your Vision: your aspirations and dreams defined in the context of your abilities.
- Develop Your Travel Plan: Magic begins when we set goals.
- Master the Rules of The Road: Key is that the rules don’t change.
- Some examples are TRUST, Determination, Positive attitude, Honesty
- Step Into The Outer Limits: or step out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome that natural fear and step outside the familiar.
- Pilot The Seasons of Change: Creating change and managing your response to change is a big part of the 9 step process.
- Build Your Dream Team: Build supportive and caring relationships.
- Learn to trust and be trustworthy.
- Win by a decision: Make the right decisions – from daily routines to long term goals
- Commit to your Vision: with enthusiasm.
What I learned
- To serve others, you gotta serve yourself first
- It’s all about energy! Positive energy changes your business, your outlook and your life
Fun Facts About Stedman
- 2 NYT Bestseller
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success
- Most recent book is Identity: Your Passport to Success
- Currently writing Identity: Your Passport to Freedom
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Played professional basketball for the European League
- He was quoted saying “if he and Oprah were ever married – they would not still be together”
AB 131: Tension Without Contention – Did Google Blow It?
Today, the HR profession is evolving from an internal focus on people to an external focus on the organization, and…
AB 130: Only The Most Intimate Brands Have Value – How Emotional Is Your Business?
In MBLM’s Brand Intimacy 2017 Report, which is the largest study of brands based on emotions, MBLM found that the most…
AB 129: The Building Blocks For A More Sustainable Future
Paul Galvin, Chairman and CEO of SG Blocks, a premier designer, innovator and fabricator of container-based structures. The firm –…
AB 128: Embracing Failure And Constant Innovation With The Founding Father Of Sam Adams – Jim Koch
We’re re-releasing an episode from our archives and giving an All Business update. This was one of my favorite episodes…
AB 127: Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Thought Leader? – Randy Gage Does.
Randy Gage is a thought-provoking critical thinker who will make you approach your business — and your life — in…
AB 126: Are You A Business Coward? Find Out From Dan “The 50 Billion Dollar Man” Peña
From his beginnings as an East LA barrio bad boy to Laird of (15th Century) Guthrie Castle, Dan Peña is…
AB 125: Rediscovering The Power Of Broke With Daymond John – All Business Update
The Shark, Daymond John, originally sat down with Jeffrey on AB 060 to share his journey from a $40 budget…
AB 124: Why Are Our Drugs So Expensive? And What Do Businesses Need To Know? (And We Are Talking About The Legal Ones)
Pramod John, CEO/Founder of Vivio Health is on All Business this week. Prior to VIVIO Health, Pramod was the founder…
AB 123: How Much Is Lost Time Worth? We’re Talking With Magpie About Tips For A Successful Kickstarter Campaign
Magpie launched 31st May on Kickstarter. The project highlights how much time, stress and money we spend trying to keep…
AB 122: From Down Under To On Top: The Story Of Going From Broke To Getting Paid To Blog
Caroline Makepeace is the co-founder of ytravelblog.com, one of the world’s biggest travel blogs, with her husband, Craig. They have…
AB 121: Spartan The F*CK Up!
Grit. Sweat. New York Time Bestseller. Joe De Sena continues to inspire through the creation of the Spartan Race. If…
AB 120: The Benefits Of Calculated Risk – Unlocked By Todd Davis
Todd Davis – former chairman, founder and CEO of Lifelock and eventually sold his company for over $2 billion. A…
AB 119: Little Things Mean Big Things For Your Life, Family, Friends, And Bank Account
Andy Andrews has thrived in the business world. From doubling and tripling businesses to working with Special Operations, it seems…
AB 118: Creating A New Winning Culture And Honoring Legacies With Raiders Coach, Jack Del Rio
For more than three decades, Jack Del Rio has excelled in the NFL as a player and coach. Following an…
AB 117: Innovate Or Die… We’re Talking Golf With The PGA Of America
PGA President Paul Levy is President of Club Operations and Development for Sunrise Company, and also is the CEO and…
AB 116: Be Relentless – The Relation Between ROI And Engagement
Greg Mason joined Purch as Chief Executive Officer in 2012, bringing over twenty years of product development and innovation in technology…
AB 115: It’s Not Keep It Simple Stupid… It’s Keep It Simple For Success
Pat Williams, Senior Vice President of NBA’s Orlando Magic joins me on All Business today to talk about success –…
AB 114: You Talking To Me?! Chatbots 101 With Ben Parr Of Octane AI
Ben Parr is the CMO of Octane AI. If you’re not using a Chatbot yet, you need to listen to…
AB 113: Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself
Today’s Guest: Stedman Graham Chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates The company is a Chicago based management and…
AB 112: The Business Of Country Music
In 1976 – Kyle Young answered a newspaper ad seeking ticket takers for the new Country Music Hall of Fame….