In 1976 – Kyle Young answered a newspaper ad seeking ticket takers for the new Country Music Hall of Fame. 41 years later – he is still working for the Hall of Fame, only now as the Director of the Museum.
Kyle has had his current role with the Country Music Hall of Fame for nearly two decades – and he has overseen a crosstown relocation, flood, and a $100m expansion.
Kyle joins me today to talk about the evolution music industry – and what he believes the future of music will be, what makes a great mentor, and how to be a good leader. Ladies and gentlemen – please welcome Kyle Young.
- First day of work was April 30, 1976 at 22 years old – answered a newspaper ad seeking ticket takers for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on Music Row
- Kyle has been the CEO for 2 decades!
- The Hall of Fame and Museum is one of the 10 largest history museums in the country
- It has more than 1 million visitors annually
- If you want to keep growing your nonprofit organization, you’ve gotta keep looking at that bottom line
- The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has an opportunity to stay relevant which is one of their goals
- They approach the country music scene very democratically – where it’s heard, what happened in the past and what the future holds
- It’s important to have exhibitions on the big names but also for the lesser known artists who are contributing greatly to the genre
- Last year, Randy Travis was inducted into the Hall of Fame
- The things that are on the horizon for the Museum are:
- Expanding educational reach
- Increase young student population awareness
- Digitizing the museum content to make it more accessible
- Perhaps a recording studio on location
This is What I Learned
- Don’t forget in your business, to honor the past
- Creating an experience that’s intimate for your customer can have a positive ripple effect
Country Music Hall of Fame Director/CEO Kyle Young
- Twitter Handle: @KyoungKyle
- Other Twitter Handle: @Countrymusichof
- Facebook- countrymusichof
- Instagram- officialcmhof
AB 157: Are You Investing In Your Most Valuable Asset?
Ari Cukier may hold the title of COO, but he truly is the Innovator in Chief at Elitra Health. With…
AB 156: What Does Self-Defense Have To Do With Business?
Paul Szyarto, entrepreneur and “Combat CEO” as a guest! Please see a bit more about his background below! He has a…
AB 155: LEVEL Up Your Dating Game
April Beyer, matchmaker and relationship expert, has just launched LEVEL™, a hybrid of intuitive AI matching technology combined with human…
AB 154: Is Real Estate Still Good Investment
David Kessler serves as Managing Partner of CohnReznick’s Real Estate Industry practice. He has over 30 years of experience providing…
AB 153: Is It OK To Call Women In The Office Girls?
In July of 2015, Eileen Scully launched The Rising Tides to advise organizations on making the workplace better for women….
AB 152: Rise And Grind: Daymond John At The C-Suite Network Thought Summit
Listen in to this interview with best-selling author, CEO and Founder of FUBU, The Shark Daymond John that took place…
AB 151: Are You Ready To Drink The Crypto Kool-Aid
Tim Wales is an inspiring leader who leverages his passion and experience to propel others to success. Fueled by his entrepreneurial…
AB 150: The All American Take On Staying Positive
Devon Still is a professional athlete, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and advocate for childhood cancer awareness. He is also a former…
AB 149: Is The 2018 Economy Doom Or Boom?
Jim O’Sullivan is valued by traders and investors for successfully combining broad macro analysis with expertise in the data and…
AB 148: Crypto And Blockchain And Bitcoin! Oh My! Talking With CoinLion
CoinLion (Token Name/Symbol: LION), a new cryptocurrency exchange and portfolio management platform designed to address the fragmented marketplace and the…
AB 147: How Being A Better Human Releases Your Inner Superstar
Michelle Villalobos (vee – ya – LOW – bos) earned an undergraduate degree in Psychology (modified with Math) from Dartmouth…
AB 146: Change, Adapt, Or Die – Why Millennials Are Better Than Baby Boomers
Matt Britton is America’s leading expert on the millennial generation having consulted for over half of the Fortune 500 companies…
AB 145: How To Bring The Human Back To Human Relations
Ellyn Shook is Accenture’s chief leadership & human resources officer, responsible for helping the 425,000 people of Accenture succeed both…
AB 144: Old Dogs – New Tricks… Lessons From The Former CEO of Apple
John Sculley is one of America’s best-known business leaders, with one foot in the storied history of Apple technology and…
AB 143: Transform Or Die – What Makes Successful Sellers?
Tiffani Bova is the global customer growth and innovation evangelist at Salesforce. Recognized as one of the most Powerful and…
AB 142: Education Reprogrammed | Steve Wozniak Inspires The Next Generation Of Innovators With Woz U (LIVE!)
Inspired by Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, we specialize in technology and career-based programs designed to get people into…
AB 141: What’s Your Economic Moat?
Christopher Tsai, President and Chief Investment Officer of Tsai Capital Corporation, is available to discuss his investment philosophy and why…
AB 140: You Can’t Let One Label Define You
Rolonda Watts: For more than three decades her name, face, and now, even her distinctive voice, have been known by…
AB 139: Listen Up! The Future Of On-Demand Audio Is Here
Audioburst is an AI-Powered Listening Experience – it creates a ‘listening identity’ based on your users’ unique listening patterns, interests, and preferences. Assaf…
AB 138: It All Comes Down To Telling A Good Story | How The TV Industry Has Changed
Wild America has been a television show in America for over 37years! At one point episodes garnered nearly 400million viewers…